The purpose of information technology is to automate and enable business processes in a way that empowers organizations to do something that otherwise couldn’t be done, or would otherwise cost exponentially more to do; It is about increasing productivity and business value.
The function of Managed Service Provider is to ensure that existing systems continue to appropriately support business processes and to recommend and implement new solutions that will help drive business value or efficiency in new ways.
With Acendex Managed Services, you benefit from 24-hour monitoring that’s more comprehensive and cost-effective than an onsite IT staff. Our managed solution continuously performs preventive maintenance that keeps your network up and running.
Value to the Client
- Continuing Education: Acendex clients can expect quarterly meetings where directors are updated on the overall state of their equipment and software.
- Achievement of Commitments:
- Continuous access to online system-state information that provides an understandable snapshot of system health.
- Monthly statements containing precise descriptions of service activity so directors will be aware of what was done with the systems and when.
- Quarterly GAP analysis highlights any differences between recommendations made during the past quarter and updates actually performed.
- Strategic Direction: Acendex’s Quarterly Review program in combination with an overall 3-Year or 5-Year Present State Analysis and Recommendations provides our clients with the hands-on expertise of a senior information technology consultant with experience and formal training in business. This unique combination of expertise (business and technology together) enables Acendex to competently work with client directors to set a strategic direction for the IT program that is totally consistent with the client’s strategic business, financial, security and system availability goals.
Everywhere-at-Once Service that Pays for Itself
Our “eye in the sky” simultaneously keeps watch over every workstation, server, firewall—anything with an IP address—regardless of location. We can detect a disk that’s approaching capacity, a workstation or server that needs more RAM, even a printer that’s running low on toner.
Each night, we install all necessary software updates and even defragment your desktop computers so they’re in top condition for the beginning of the workday. When our work is done, we’ll shut down your desktop devices to conserve power—and the money you save in your electric bill alone typically covers the cost of our service!
We can usually spot and address system degradation before performance problems become apparent to end users. And because our monitors never sleep, if a problem does occur, it will often be corrected before you arrive at work next morning.
Acendex Managed Services offers:
- Single point of contact for all IT issues
- On-site hardware and software/application support
- System administration (help resetting passwords, creating user accounts, etc.)
In addition to offering diagnostics, we analyze the information gathered through continuous monitoring to help develop an IT strategy and budget for the future.
Internet usage policy
I always recommend to my clients that their first order of business should be for human resources to institute an Internet usage policy agreement to be signed as a condition of employment by all staff members with web access. (There are several templates available on the Internet.)
By signing the agreement, employees promise that they will not use the Internet in an unacceptable way or create unnecessary risks to the company’s computer network or reputation.
Violations of the agreement would include unreasonable personal use of a computer, visiting websites containing obscene or hateful content, emailing offensive or harassing material, or downloading unauthorized software.
Employees failing to comply would face disciplinary action, including dismissal.
A web filter appliance is a device that enables companies to filter online content, blocking or removing links, downloads and email that may contain offensive or dangerous content.
Ideally, Web filtering hardware should support a unified threat management architecture that transforms the firewall into an all-inclusive security product that can perform multiple security functions.
These protections should include, in addition to firewalling, network intrusion prevention, gateway anti-virus and anti-spam, content filtering, load balancing and on-appliance reporting.
Load balancing refers to the ability of a network edge appliance to handle two or more connections to the Internet simultaneously. On-appliance reporting refers to the ability of the filtering appliance to furnish reports of activity directly to the managing user.
Each company has its own corporate culture that determines what online behavior is acceptable. Situations vary but my experience shows that some level of Internet behavior modification usually is needed.
Depending on the seriousness of the situation, we will recommend some combination of the above remedies; we are so confident of their effectiveness we guarantee results.
Contact Us Today
Commerce Park V,
23250 Chagrin Boulevard, Suite 200
Cleveland, Ohio 44122
M-F: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm